Below are a number of resources and recommended links that could be of general interest to you, my website visitors. Enjoy!
Power Supplies – The Good, The So-So and the Pile-O-Poop:
These are the various power supplies Atari released. When the bad (pile of poop) power supplies go out, they will take some of your IC’s with them. This is why socketed motherboards are so sought after – Easy repairs.
The ones that are OK can give good service without too much worry. The best ones (thumbs up smiley face dude) won’t take your IC’s out when they go, and can be rebuilt if or when they do.
Atari Related Links:
- Atari Mania – The World’s Finest Atari Database
- B & C – Atari Sales and Service
- Video 61 – Various Atari Sales
8-Bit Music and Retro Podcast Links:
Classic Computer and Retro Gaming Expo’s:
- The Rose City Atari Club – Portland, Oregon
- Commodore Computer Club and Users Group
- Northwest Retro Computing and Video Game Club
- Atari Controllers and Joysticks – Rarity Site
- Digital Press – The Video Game Database
- Atari 800/XL/XE Computers – Cartridge list with rarity
- Mortoff Games – Vintage Console Repair Parts And Accessories
- Retro Video Gamer – The creator of Paul’s awesome custom game cases
If you would like for me to add a link to your Atari 8-bit or other retro computer related site, or if you find an issue with a third-party link or its content, please let me know.